Student support services
EnerTrain offers a range of support services to ensure you can meet your learning goals.
- LLN assessment and support
- Immediate support
- Complaints & appeals
Support services available
There are a range of support services available to assist you with your specific learning requirements including:
- Sessions at the start of each accredited program to clarify expectations, rights and responsibilities
- Individual coaching from trainers and assessors as required
- Telephone and email support from trainers and assessors throughout your training and assessment
- Advice on current and future learning and assessment pathways
- Support provided by student administration
- Contact details for key industry bodies
- Language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) support
- Referral to physical disability, counselling or other third party support services
Access the EnerTrain ‘Student Support Services Policy’ and related procedures in the ‘Student Handbook’.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
It is important that you have adequate LLN skills to meet the learning and assessment requirements of your specific program or course. Our accredited programs in particular, have minimum requirements that may impact your eligibility for the program or impact your ability to successfully complete all of the required learning or assessment activities.
There is opportunity for you to indicate any LLN support you may need in our Pre-enrolment Questionnaire. Additionally, your trainer/assessor can evaluate your LLN levels and develop a support program with you, if this is not identified during pre-enrolment.
EnerTrain uses verbal and written tools to evaluate your LLN skills against the:
- Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) – individual performance in learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy skills.
- Core Skills for Work Development Framework (CSWDF) – a set of knowledge, understandings and non-technical skills such as problem solving, collaboration, self-management, communication and information technology skills that underpin successful participation in work.
Please contact us to discuss any specific LLN support you may need to successfully complete your program or course.