Gas Industry Courses – NSW
Energy Industry Courses
EnerTrain delivers the following course types for the gas industry:
- Initial Training
- Gas Industry Overview (NSW) (1 day)
$2,000 +GST per group.
Suited to non-operational staff working indirectly on the Jemena gas network or assets.
Scheduled upon request.
$POA for individuals.
- Gas Industry Induction (NSW) (3 days)
$1,400 +GST per student (full fee paying enrolment)
Refreshed every year – see Gas Distribution Refresher course.
Scheduled on demand (typically every 6-12 weeks).
- Gas Transmission Induction (1 hour)
No cost – provided by Jemena.
Mandatory for anyone who needs to access or work in high pressure gas environments.
Available as online learning via firstname.lastname@example.org.
PIPELAYING / CONSTRUCTION / REPAIR & MAINTENANCE
- Construct & Lay Distribution Assets (Pre-course study PLUS 2 days face to face)
$1,500 +GST per student.
Does not require refresher training.
Suitable for crew offsider or crew leader roles.
- Butt and Electrofusion Weld Polyethylene Plastic Pipelines* (2 days)
- Copper Fabrication (3 days)
- Critical Excavation Asset Protection (2 days)
- Gas Pinpointing & Detection (1 day) – coming soon
- Metal Pipe Repairs (2 days)
- PE Electrofusion* (1 day)
- PE Butt Fusion* (2 days)
- PE Repair & Maintenance (1 day)
- Ravetti Mini Stop (1 day)
- WASK 312 (1 day)
- Appliance Relight (1 day)
- Gas Control Fundamentals (5 days)
- Gas Flow and Pressure Control for Gas Fired Turbines (3 days)
- Gas Meter Disconnect/Reconnect (1 day)
- Gas Meter Disconnect/Reconnect and Appliance Relight*
(2 days + field assessment) – gasfitters only require 1 day training
- MDL Advanced (2 days)
- MDL Hot Water Meter Replacement & Installation** (1 day) – plumbing pre-requisite required
- Test New Residential and Small Commercial Installations (2 days)
* Course is aligned to gas meter units UEGNSG705, UEGNSG708 and UEGNSG714 which require the completion of post training workplace assessment at additional cost.
SAFE WORK SYSTEM
- Jemena Safe Work System Permit Issuer (2 days)
- Jemena Secondary Standby (2 days training + 0.5 day field assessment)
- Underground Assets Location (1 day)
- Asbestos Handling (1 day)
- Breathing Apparatus* (1 day)
- Electrical Awareness for Metallic Pipes (1 day)
- Fire Fighting* (1 day)
- Manual Handling* (1 day)
* Summative assessment in national units of competency is available at additional cost – contact EnerTrain for details.
- Emergency Controller (1 day + 0.5 day field assessment)
- Emergency Manager* (2 days + 0.5 day field assessment)
- First Response (1 day training + 0.5 day field assessment)
- Site Controller* (1 day training + 0.5 day field assessment)
* Pre-requisites apply – contact EnerTrain for details.
- Gas Distribution Refresher (1 day; every 12 months)
Maximum 4 students per course.
$800 +GST per student.
$2,000 +GST for groups of up to 4 students
This is the refresher for ‘Gas Industry Induction (NSW)’ course.
This course was previously known as P1-P4.
- Butt & Electrofusion Weld Polyethylene Plastic Pipelines Refresher (1 day; every 2 years)
- Emergency Manager Refresher – P9a (0.5 days; every 2 years)
- First Response Refresher – P8 (1 day; every 12 months)
(Note: Also included in the Gas Distribution Refresher course)
- Mains and Meters Refresher – P11 (2 days; every 2 years)
- Metal Pipe Repair Refresher – P11a (1 day; every 2 years)
- Pressure Control Refresher – P12 (1 day; every 2 years)
- Pressure Control Advanced Refresher – P12a (1 day; every 2 years)
- Site Controller Refresher – P9 (1 day; every 2 years)
- Safe Work Systems Permit Issuer Refresher (0.5 days; every 12 months)
- Steel Mains Repair Refresher – P15 (1 day; every 3 years)
It is important to advise us if you have any prior learning or experience in the gas industry – for example if you are a gasfitter or plumber or have worked in civil works such as water mains construction. Recognition for existing skills can significantly reduce the duration of training.
- Contact EnerTrain for any pricing not provided.
- Course durations are indicative, based on standard class sizes (generally 4 to 12 students per course).
- Pricing is based on individual enrolments – group pricing is available on request.
- Travel costs for training or assessment outside of Sydney Metro will apply.
- Training may be delivered at EnerTrain venues or at your workplace if suitable – no price change applies.
- Pricing for any applicable field assessment is $1,800 per day, or $1,260 per half day.
- Accredited training and assessment does not attract GST.
- Multiple students may be assessed at the same work site with prior arrangement. A group pricing rate may apply.
- Non-accredited training is generally scheduled on-demand, in response to industry requirements.